Spinach and orange are good sources of choline, which helps improve mental function, and vitamin C. Spinach is also a source of zinc, niacin and fiber and is extremely rich in antioxidants. It is a good source of vitamins A, B2, C and K, and also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium. In addition, oranges are a good source of B vitamins including vitamin B1, pantothenic acid and folate as well as vitamin A, calcium, copper and potassium.
- 1 organic orange, peeled
- 1/2 organic frozen banana
- 1 cup tightly packed organic spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut water, adjusted as desired for thickness
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds (for protein)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high to combine.
- Add more coconut water as desired to reach desired consistency for smoothie.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Since all of these ingredients are available year round, you’ll be able to enjoy this smoothie whenever you want.